Thursday, November 1, 2007

Boo-tiful crafting

It may be dorky that I spend my evenings crafting, but I have always been a dork, so why stop? Halloween gave me the opportunity to make some great crafts and treats, so I thought I would share some pics of what I made.

I tried my hand at the Martha Stewart spider cupcakes, and some hot dog mummies for our YW/YM Halloween party. I love the spiders and thought they turned out good. The mummies didn't come out of the oven quite as well as they went in, but the kids gobbled them up anyways, so I guess it didn't matter that they weren't perfect.

Last year I sewed these ridiculous and embarrassing costumes, without a pattern, and it was a TON of work.

So this year I decided to go for something a little easier. We went as "Where's Waldo?" and his not-so-well-known girlfriend "Wenda (Wanda)."

But I guess I just must not feel complete without making something, so decided to crochet my hat. I have never crocheted before except for a baby blanket stitch about 15 years ago. So I bought some yarn, a little book on stitches, and a crocheting needle and went to work. It took about 10 hours, but I did it, and loved it. So without any further ado...

7 comments:

becca said...

sarah - you are so amazing! Move over Martha Stuart..
Seriously, I can't believe how talented you are. I love the 'where's waldo' that was such a good idea - and the crocheted hat-w0w.

Holly and Dave said...

those spider cupcakes look too scary to eat...almost! i love how creative and talented you are. good for you for trying new things all the time!

*Leslie* said...

You aren't dorky! I love all these projects. The where's waldo cosumes look great!

Muranda said...

you're killing me! those are awesome!

Jer + Lu said...

You are such a gorgeous girl! The costumes are fabulous! You were always such a creative doodler (remember our daily hand tatooting in Mme Morge's (?) class?!)-- I should have known you'd turn to crafting. Keep it up. You are amazing!

Lorilee said...

those cupcakes look so scary.
don't even get my started on the crocheted hat....all I can say is you better be planning on giving me some lessons this Christmas.

Christy said...

oh my gosh yo! I can't stop laughing at those duck costumes! You are an amazing seamstress. I had no idea. I prefer to sew without a pattern too, although most of my stuff turns out bad.