I can't believe how big Ben has gotten in 2 months. I hardly remember him being this tiny.
Ben has had a busy 2 months. Right around 6 weeks old, he got to meet all his aunts and uncles and cousins on the Vincent side. Ben's Grandpa Vincent got an award, which is why everyone came in town, but we couldn't go to the dinner since we had a special event for Tyler that same night.
But we did get to go with everyone to the scientific meetings that were a part of Grandpa's award events to support Grandpa there.
Of course Ben slept the whole time, but he enjoyed being held by aunt MC. (You can't see it, but he dressed up for the occasion with a darling little tie onesie made by aunt Lori).
Since everyone was in town, my sweet sisters, sisters-in-law and mom threw a shower for Ben and me, it was so much fun to have ladies lunch and spend time with my favorite gals, who I don't get to see nearly enough. Thank you all!
While most everyone was still in town, we were able to bless Ben, and I was so grateful to have so many people from both of our families there to share that special event with us. Here is a picture taken on the day of his blessing with his Vincent cousins that are closest in age to him. He was quite tuckered out from the blessing, and slept through the photo shot. Sophie 5 months, Ben 6 weeks and Ruby 14 months. What cute kids, I hope they will all be great friends even though they live so far apart.
In his 2 months, Ben has gotten very good at holding his head still being held upright, and raising his head and some of his chest while on his tummy. He has started to smile at us now and it is such a darling little smile, but every time we try to get a picture of him smiling, he stops; this is the best picture we have managed to get so far.
He has done his fair share of out of the diaper peeing and had one projectile poop across the changing table and on to the crib bumper, but it in no way rivaled Sophie's, she still takes the cake with hers. He loves the pictures above his changing table, especially the one in the blue frame; he smiles at it all the time.
On his 2 month birthday, Ben rolled over twice in a row, and I was so happy Tyler was home to see it, since again, Ben doesn't perform well under the pressure of the camera or camcorder. Ben also likes to be read to, and although it's a little hard to tell, we are pretty sure his favorite story is Pajama Time, it's our favorite story too. Ben doesn't love his naps, and stares at the tree on the wall by his crib for a long time before he finally drifts off to sleep for a short time. But Ben is a great sleeper at night. He loves his bedtime song and especially his bedtime prayer, it always calms him right down. He looks so cute sleeping, we love to go in and look at him and adore the way his arms are always positioned like this, as if he is always dreaming about scoring a touchdown.
I love Ben so much, he and Tyler made my first Mother's day as a mom so special, they fill my life and heart with joy and love, and I am so grateful to be a mom to my sweet Ben and to have such a wonderful supportive husband.
5 comments:
i love all the pictures. we just got your birth announcement yesterday... so cute! you look like you're doing well also!
O zuster Vincent! You have such a cute little baby. I've enjoyed reading your post and watching such nice pictures. I think Ben looks just like his mommy. I'm so proud of you since you're doing such a great job being a mom.
He is SOOO cute. I love his little face in the last picture especially. It sounds like you are doing well. I need to see him again; he has changed so much!
What a sweet post. Sounds like you're thoroughly enjoying motherhood :) I heard about your Dad's award. He's an incredible guy! BTW, you look fantastic!
He is such a cutie. He is getting big - I can't believe it has been two months already.
Post a Comment