Monday, June 7, 2010

It's official

Tyler is now a doctor. Hip Hip Hooray and 3 cheers for Dr. Sorensen!! I am so proud of Tyler. This is such a huge accomplishment. It represents working and studying an average of 16 hours a day, 6 days a week for 4 years (how he got by on so little sleep for 4 years amazes me), learning about probably 25 or more different disciplines of medicine, 30+ hour straight shifts every 4th day on some rotations, 4 am arrivals to the OB clinic (yes I drove him, the joys of 1 car), national research projects, studying so hard, cramming thousands and thousands of bits of information into his head and yet still being able to recall them with perfect clarity for his tests, patients and boards, some wonderful and thoughtful teachers and mentors, and some not so great ones, some great friends, and lots of funny, strange, gross, sad, amazing, and growing experiences. I am so proud of all his hard work, diligence, and dedication to this goal he set and for always taking time for me and Ben even with all he had on his plate. Way to go!!!!







11 comments:

sarah marie. said...

way too go tyler! and good job sarah for being so patient.

agirlnamedgay said...

that's amazing! not having lived it, four yrs seemed to fly by! congrats to you guys. and sarah, i love your hair!

Britters and Parx said...

What a HUGE accomplishment! Wow that went by fast from my angle! =)I'm sad that you are leaving. =(

Brynn and Jesse said...

Congratulations! That's an amazing accomplishment!

Lorilee said...

and he did it all with those beautiful blue eyes,.... wait are those colored contacts?

so proud of you dross.

Melissa said...

oh man, that sounds like a lot of work..congrats!

Holly and Dave said...

yeah!!! congrats with a capital C! now on to tuscon, from one adventure to the next!

Emily Reese said...

Well done! Now on to the next chapter.
I was sad I didn't get to see you while you were in town for bolder boulder. Happy Birthday! Em

Jer + Lu said...

Congrats!! Such a huge accomplishment!

Ryan and Ashley said...

Congrats! It's so awesome to see all of Ryan's friends become doctors. Congrats on matching. Your baby is darling. (If you don't remember me, I married Ryan Baker) :)

L.J. said...

that's wonderful! I love being able to be caught up! Your family is so cute sarah!!!! :)