Monday, September 10, 2007

On the road again...

We also had quite a bit of fun on the road part of our road trip to Lake Powell. Map quest had us going through Zions National park, but we didn't want to pay the fee, so we turned around and took another route. But we didn't mind, it was beautiful, we even got to see reindeer and ostriches! (sorry no pic of the birds)

On the way home we found ourselves in a flash flood in Kanab, our car looked like we were regular jeepers by the end of it.

We also loved driving through all the little towns in Sevier County and other counties. Tyler and I think it would be so much fun to live in a tiny little town like those for a couple of years. I think it would be great to know everyone in town, live off the land, maybe even get a cow and chickens. (I'd better wait on the chickens to see how Lori fares with hers). If only I could also fulfill my childhood dream of being a rodeo queen.

2 comments:

Lorilee said...

regular old jeepers huh? the elantra probably made you proud getting through a flash flood and all.

I would hold off on the farm/small town thing..wait until you never want to sleep in, go to Target, and eat out again.

Holly and Dave said...

the pictures make it look like the way down was more fun/beautiful than the way home, but isn't that how all vacations are? coming home is the hardest part!