Tuesday, May 27, 2008
The best weekend of the year
Memorial Day weekend just may be my favorite weekend of the year! I only knew one grandpa and a great aunt, who was like a grandma to me. I am so grateful for them and love to have a day to honor them and all those who have gone before, especially those who sacrificed much for the freedom of this country. I also love Memorial day for the family bonding it allows, particularly the nostalgia it brings when I think of the many fun, exciting, and sometimes dangerous Memorial Day Lake Powell trips I have enjoyed with my family. It also just so happens that birthday is always near this wonderful 3-day weekend, an added bit of excitement to the holiday. And last but not least, I also love that Memorial Day ushers in the summer. I love the smell of suntan lotion, smacking my lips with my all time favorite Banana Boat lip balm, and feeling the sun warm my skin. I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend as much as I did!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm afraid there was a bit less sunscreen than usual this year, but... I'm excited you posted!
Sarah, cute blog. I came through Becca's blog! Zach is going to be at the UofU for the whole month of September, I know third year will be busy, but we should all get together for dinner one night. Planning ahead a little... Love, Emily
i love how memorial day signals to me that summer has arrived! thanks for sharing this great weekend with us- we had such a great time! and hope you had a very happy birthday!
I love finding friends in the blogging world! Your blog is super cute and I hope you don't mind if I link it to ours. Oh, and your haircut is so cute!!!!
Post a Comment