Friday, June 27, 2008

A Weekend of Nostalgia

10 years ago I graduated from high school. Wow!! Tonight is my 10 year reunion, and I don't think I'm going to make it. Tyler is taking the boards today -everyone say a prayer for him!! - and he probably won't be done until 8 pm. Although I would maybe still be game to go, I am sure that is not what Tyler wants to do after taking the hardest, longest test of his life. If I'm being perfectly honest, yes, I am a little bummed to not be going. Even though I was somewhat of a loser back then, I still think it would be kinda fun to see what people are up to. Oh well, maybe I'll make it to the 20 year.

5 years ago I was flying to the Netherlands. It is so funny to think back to the plane ride from the MTC to the Netherlands, I was so nervous, I had pulled out all my eyelashes but about 2 per eye. Sitting there thinking: "Why in the world did I decide to do this of my own free will?, What was I thinking?" Of course everything worked out just fine and year and a half later, on my flight back, my thoughts we just the opposite: "Please don't make me leave! Please let me stay just a little longer!"

2 years ago Tyler and I tied the knot. It's interesting how it has gone so fast, but also feels like we've been together for so long. I love to look at the pictures and remember the feelings and thoughts of the day. It is such a hodgepodge of emotions: nostalgia, a little sadness for the end of a chapter in my life, but mostly excitement, and happiness for the new chapter beginning.

This year I am happy to celebrate 2 wonderful years with Tyler, and to celebrate him finishing the boards. I am so proud of him, and how hard he studies and works. And I am especially grateful for the loving husband that he is. He is definitely my better half!

7 comments:

Holly and Dave said...

such cute pictures and such great memories. good luck to tyler- i'm sure he'll do great. and congrats on your 2 years together- i love having you a part of our family.

e said...

I think the Skyline sign has changed since you went there. :) Look at that! Digital! I wonder which Senior class gave that gift. Sorry you weren't able to go.

Jason and Ashlee said...

Hey guys, congrats on the two years. That went by really quickly. We hope all is going well - it seems like it is. Good luck to Tyler with the boards. Keep in touch

David said...

Let's face it: if you were a loser at Skyline, we all were (except maybe Anne). But in the interest of promoting nostalgia:

Cheer and sing together we're from SKYLINE!

mumble mumble mumble mumble SKY!!!

mumble mumble mumble mumble SKYLINE!

mumble mumble mumble mumble JOIN TOGETHER!

etc.

Jer + Lu said...

I missed the reunion too...what a bummer! Thank goodness for facebook. Gorgeous wedding picture! Can't wait to hear how Tyler did...

Melissa said...

You two are darling! We are coming up on our one year next month...can't believe it!

That is awesome you got a snapshot with Lance. Glad to find you're a blogger too!

Nichole said...

Sarah, cute cute blog! That recipe of cupcakes is so cute and sounds delicious! Hope Tyler did well on boards! I bet you are so glad that that is over with for awhile. Hope all is going well. We miss you guys!