I thought it was so interesting the way they dissected the bodies, each so differently, showing different parts of our amazing bodies.
I also really enjoyed being able to see healthy organs next to those that were affected by disease.
They also had a cross-section of a 300 lb. person to show just what obesity is like - um, I need to hit the gym harder after seeing that.
Another amazing part of the exhibit was the different stages of fetus development of babies that had miscarried. They had one at 18 weeks, which next week for me. (The picture below is at 21 weeks) I couldn't believe my baby was that big already and so much detail, little fingernails and toenails, a perfect little body, those tiny arms and legs, fingers and toes. It was amazing to get a peek at what is really going on inside me.
It really was an amzing exhibit and a great opportunity to see and learn more about our bodies, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who won't get queasy :).


3 comments:
I want to go to that so bad! It looks awesome, and how cool to see what stage your baby is at! How's pregnancy going? Hopefully great, I can't wait to find out what you're having! Keep us posted :)
I'm not sure if I'll get queasy or not, but it SEEMS gross. I guess the medical profession is not in my bones after all. :)
Nathali and I saw this exhibit in Munich in 2004. I had mixed feelings. It has educational value, no doubt, but some of it seemed designed to shock through the use of artistic license. We called it quits after seeing a dead pregnant woman "relaxing" on a divan with her belly cut open revealing a dead fetus. The pose was unnecessary and so much of the bodies was left intact that the education value was minimal -- it was just a dead woman and her dead baby. Guess I'm not cut out for medicine either.
Post a Comment