Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Haunting

We all know how perfect a Martha Stewart Halloween Party would turn out, everything perfectly organized, table all decked and not a thing out of theme. But you may not be as familiar with another stunning-party giver Amy Atlas. I just love her beautiful tables topped with delicious and festive desserts. Here are some pics of her take on Halloween.
I am no Martha, and certainly no Amy Atlas, but I hope someday to be perhaps half of one, maybe with a little more practice and time. I did just cater the Halloween party my boss threw at his house this last weekend and I think it turned out OK considering that I do actually have a full time job that makes it just a little harder to be as martha-esque as I would like. From the response from the party-goers I'd have to say that the Baked Potato soup served in a pumpkin and the desserts were the highlights of the evening.
The rest was ok, but I'll tell you this much, I will never again make a spinach artichoke dip, or anything else for that matter, that requires me to roast garlic in my house no matter how well the recipe is rated or how good it tastes. All I can say is that my house stunk for days!
But at any rate, here are some terrible pictures of some of the desserts I made, which I am extremely embarrassed about, but I was in a huge hurry since I had gotten off work an hour late and was in a mad dash to get the food to the party that I just snapped a very quick photo and so these are a little out of focus, and are hideous in comparison to the perfect Amy Atlas pics above.

Mummy sugar cookies

White chocolate dipped strawberry Ghosts

Pumpkin Bars

2 comments:

Jer + Lu said...

Pat yourself on the back! Those are totally awesome treats! I'm so impressed-- and you are definitely a mini-Martha :)

Rachel said...

You are so awesome!! Holy cow. I would have you cater my parties anytime!