Sunday, November 2, 2008

Seeking Advice

So this is a little embarrassing, but my concerns about a diaper bag have actually kept me from sleeping well at night.   Perhaps I am being a little too particular about my "needs" in a diaper bag, so here are my thoughts; I'd love some advice.  
Here's what I am thinking about in my quest for the perfect diaper bag.  1. I would prefer not to carry both a purse and a diaper bag.  2.  I want an everyday, medium sized bag that will fit my and baby's stuff, but isn't too big.  3. I love my Franklin Planner which I know is a little large and I would like to keep it apart from the baby stuff so nothing damages the leather.  4. I want a bag that I can wear both just on my shoulder and also as a messenger bag across the chest so I don't have to worry about it falling off my shoulder while carrying the baby, groceries, etc.  5.  I love to be organized so I'd like well placed pockets and compartments to keep everything where it should be.  6. Of course something cute and durable
I obviously have no experience with diaper bags, so for all of you who do have experience I would absolutely love to know what you love about your diaper bag and what advice you can offer me, a clueless future mom.

10 comments:

Emily Reese said...

I have the "Reese Li" brand bag and I have really enjoyed it. it may be a smidge big but there have been plenty of times I have been glad it was. I have really liked the fabric of the bag,it's kind of waxy... Happy bag hunting. Love,Em

web site:
http://www.reeseli.com/new/detail.asp?C=Lexington+Baby+Bags&ID=73

Karolien and Johan said...

I'd say Louis Vuitton! 1. Comes in every size 2. HAS to be used every day (it's too expensive to leave in your closet) 3. Matches EVERY planner's leather perfectly 4. Can be carried ANY way you like it (can also be carried by your sweet husband, who's belt probably matches the leather too) 5. Has ALL the right compartments and pockets that a stylish mommy needs 6. VERY CUTE and durable
We European people, obviously have no experience with diaper bags either...
Good luck.

Brynn and Jesse said...

I also wanted something that didn't look like an average diaper bag. I ended up with a Graco brand which I love but it doesn't have a lot of pockets for organizing. I found lots of cute bags online when I was searching so I think you will be able to find what you are looking for.

the johansen's said...

Hey Sarah, it's Sarah and Chad! I found your blog through Holly's. Congrats on the upcoming baby boy! We're so excited for you!! We have a blog as well, it's www.sarah--lynn.blogspot.com. I hope you guys are doing great!

Seidi said...

You are funny. I obviously am not going to recommend anything because of experience level with that subject. But I did want to say thanks for the recommendations on the food places. We ended up going to "Eggs In the City" which was fabulous!!! I can't wait to take Danny there. This is kind of embarrassing, but we ended up going to Red Butte tonight for dinner with our friends as well. Too much eating out! But thanks again. We will definitely take your advice on food, and maybe diaper bags as well. :)

The Cannons said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my diaper bag. It's a Ju JU Be backpack. It has front flaps that I use for my stuff, and the inside has a ton of compartment s and pockets for the baby. It also comes in really cool, durable fabrics. I sam still using mine and Sadie is two. Because it's a back pack you can convert it into an over the shoulder bag, or across your chest. It can be worn three ways. I prefer the back pack adjustment because then I have two hands free. Here's the web site. http://www.ju-ju-be.com/ My Mom carries them at her store and I've also seen then at Nordstrom. But I'm sure you can get them online as well. Good luck in your search.

Aaron & Amy Norton said...

http://www.skiphop.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SH&Category_Code=DB&Product_Code=22000

this is a great one...

The Beckstroms said...

I love our diaper bag because it's a backpack. It is the best to have your hands free and not have to worry about a bag falling off your shoulder. You can also get straps with velcro for the stroller, or convert to a shoulder bag. It's a petunia pickle bottom and I had no idea either...it was a gift and it has it all. There are lots of pockets, even a small pocket for the binky, bottle holders, a built in removeable changing pad etc. I love the glazed ones because they hold up better. That won't mean much now, but just go to the website or Nordstrom, they have them. www.petuniapicklebottom.com Have fun, I loved getting all of our stuff!

The Burtons said...

Hi Sarah! Cute blog. So I have a little obsession with diaper bags. I have probably 4. With Addie I bought a Kalencom which matches my pink and brown polkadot car seat. I like it because it is huge (but I have 2 kids so...) I also have a Fluerville that I love as well it is smaller. Good luck on the hunt. If you are ever up in Bountiful, I got both at Sassy Babies.

Sara said...

Oh congrats! I just found your blog from Holly's. Ok I love my diaper bag! I ahve used it for two kids now! Before I got this one I went through like three diaper bags before I fell in love wiht mine and it has lasted me like 2 years! I just can't think of the brand right now. But Igot it at baby babinski and they only had one in this style. but it is solid brown with a pink purse attatched to it! So cute, i get compliments all the time! the purse can snap off, the bag also has straps to wear backpack style, the fabric is totally stain resistant, lots of pockets, two bottle holders- which is great when you have two kiddies. I could go on and on, so if you need me to find the brand just let me know- but go to baby babinski cuz they have an awesome selection and this bag is definitely worth the price! Good luck and congrats again!